Tuesday, January 15, 2013

37 weeks

Well here I am; full term!  It's just so hard to believe that I get to say those words.  Life has been so good to me the last 8 1/2 months.  It has been almost exactly a year since our second failed attempt at IVF (this Sunday, the 20th is the day it got cancelled).  Wow, life has a funny way of working things out sometimes. :)

In the meantime, I need to take some time for myself to relax before this little girl gets here.  I'm not exactly the best at doing that though (taking time for myself) so I feel like I'm failing miserably.  Life seems to be moving too fast with wayyy too many things to get done and stress about in the meantime.  There are so many things that are just so hard to do at this point in pregnancy, that's for sure.  Hopefully, I can try to have some time to myself this weekend...we'll see.

How far along? 37 weeks 2 days

How are you feeling?
Well, to be honest, the last week or so has been a little rough.  I'm starting to get pretty uncomfortable with almost everything I try to do.  Emotionally I feel like I'm all over the place.  That could be all the stress lately though, I'm not sure.  The list of symptoms looks like this: back pain, sore/swollen hands, swollen feet (sometimes pretty sore), intensifying braxton hicks, fatigue is back, acid reflux, general discomfort all day, and some pelvic pain.  Overall, I would say that I'm still hanging in there and doing well though.  I expected the last part of pregnancy to be uncomfortable, so at least there's that. :)

Cravings?
honey nut cherrios for the past 2-3 weeks

What are you missing?
Wow, this list has grown alot!  There are so many things that I wish I could do that weren't so flipping difficult.  The simple things like getting up and down from a seated position, putting on shoes and socks, bending over, moving quickly without getting shooting pains down my back, and other random things. 

What are you looking forward to?
Hopefully a weekend of relaxation will make me feel better.  After that, I would love to meet this little angel.

Baby Purchases?
We are pretty much done buying things at this point although I'm sure I'll probably think of at least a couple more items we need before she makes her debut.  We are still on the lookout for a book shelf but I'm not sure if that will happen before or after her birthday.

Weight Gain/Loss?
+26-27

Here are a couple from Christmas Eve and Christmas Day:

 And here's one from 36 weeks:



No comments:

Post a Comment