Thursday, February 2, 2012

And....We're Changing It Up Again

Okay, so our original plan for the last few weeks has been to pursue the next IVF cycle that was available to us in March.  We have never taken our foot off the gas pedal (so to speak) since we started TTC some 21 months ago.  March just seemed the obvious (and only) decision we had.

That all changed after talking to my acupuncturist and the IVF nurse at our RE's office.  During my initial consult last week, my acupuncturist had mentioned that since it seems like we are dealing with a possible egg quality issue, we would be focusing on getting my body in a better/more healthy place to create good quality eggs.  He also told me that it takes the body 3-4 months to grow a follicle that will become an egg to be released.  We were not pushed in one direction or another, because he said that we should do what feels right for our situation.  However, at that point the seed was already planted that maybe we were pushing this thing just too fast and putting more strain on my body than needed....After all, that would be 3 back to back IVF cycles with some form of constant medication pumping through me.  Not only that but we had been on some form of a medicated cycle since last year in May. 

Fast forward to this week when I called my IVF nurse so that we could get things arranged for our next cycle and start bcp's again.  She asked about our plans and then suggested (very politely might I add) that it might be a good idea to give my body a rest.  As much as I feel like it's totally not my personality to let up on the pressure, I need to start listening to all the people in my life that have more information than I do.

After talking it through with Brad yesterday, we decided to wait until the April cycle.  I realize that it is only a month longer and that some people may be rolling their eyes at "the big decision" this was, but hey...this was a big deal for us (more so for me with my type A, OCD personality).

So there it is.  We are going to hopefully be going through with another cycle in April.  And you know what?  I'm totally at peace and happy with that decision.  :)

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you have a plan in place. That always makes things feel better! GL to you doll!
    PS I tagged you in my blog!
    http://livingwithif.blogspot.com/2012/02/tag-youre-it.html

    ReplyDelete