Monday, July 20, 2015

17 week update

I never posted this last week.  Oops. :)

17 weeks already...time is certainly going by pretty quickly. 

We still haven't decided on a color for the nursery.  I'm going to try and get that done this week so that we can get it painted before the end of July.  It'll probably end up being a shade of purple.  Oh, did I mention it's a girl?!?!?!  Olivia will have a little sister to enjoy in a few short months.  :)  I was shocked to see that it was a girl, especially being that I had a feeling that I couldn't shake from the beginning of this pregnancy, that it was a boy.  No mother's intuition for me, I guess.

 I made the plunge to wear a fitted a shirt to work this week. For some reason, I've been very self conscious in dressing myself for work this pregnancy.  I have not worn a single top that was not loose and flowy until this week.  At this point, even with the flowy shirts, its obvious.  So, why not wear some of the other tops I have that won't fit me in a couple of weeks.

 
How far along?
17 weeks 3 days

How are you feeling? 

Overall, I'm feeling great.  The exhaustion and sickness are still gone.  Yay!  Although, when I don't get enough sleep, I'm SUPER tired the next day and have to drag myself through the day's activities. 


I did yoga this weekend and oh my gosh, I'm so sore.  That is all the more reason that I need to make sure that I'm working out on a regular basis.  I think if I can get to yoga at least once a week and run a couple of times a week, I'll be content. 

I'm definitely having some round ligament pain more frequently in the form of general soreness in my pelvic area. 

Cravings?
I'm just having some general food aversions still.  I definitely know what I don't want to eat.

What are you missing?
Having a beer or a glass of wine.  Brad bought me some ODoule's this past weekend and I was at least able to feel like I was having a beer. 

Maternity Clothes? 

I finally found one pair of maternity shorts that work for me.  I guess I'll get by with one pair because I really don't feel like putting any more effort into looking for other options that fit.  I can still wear my non-maternity shorts, just with a very long shirt and using the hair tie trick. 

As for tops, I'm thinking within the next week or so, I'll be adding some maternity tops in to the rotation.  Hey, maybe even this week.  It's just easier, especially with that ugly band at the top of maternity pants.  With a longer shirt, there's less of a chance of that elastic band showing.

What are you looking forward to? 

Working out more consistently to be more healthy.  I know that it will make me feel good to do that.

Something you're loving about being pregnant?
I'm definitely feeling movement.  It's great and I'm shocked that it happened so early this time around.  This was a full 3 weeks earlier than with my first pregnancy. 

I feel it at least a couple times/day and it's still really light.  It seems that I only notice it if I'm sitting still.  So far, I haven't been able to detect movement on the outside of my belly.  Once I can do that, it will be nice to have Brad feel the baby too. 

Weight Gain/Loss
+ 7ish lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment