Tuesday, July 21, 2015

18 weeks

I'm chugging along at 18 weeks now and feeling pretty good.  All the nausea and extreme fatigue feel like a distant memory, which is funny considering that it was only 3-4 weeks ago that I was able to get some relief. 

There are still times when I have some strong food aversions and overall I have quite a bit less energy than pre-pregnancy.  All in all, I'm happy with the way I'm feeling these days.  It would be great if I could continue to feel this way until as close to my due date as possible!

How far along?
18 weeks 2 days

How are you feeling? 

I started running again last which has dramatically increased the RLP pain in my pelvis.  Its a familiar feeling from my first pregnancy.  It's been fairly intense at times throughout the week but I'm hoping that gets a little better as I get back into running.  With the increase in discomfort I may need to put the snoogle in bed soon.  I've been holding out because it's just so huge.  It takes up quite a bit of room in my bed and it's annoying to move when I want to get in and out of bed. 


It feels so good to be working out again.  It would be great if I can continue yoga and running for at least a couple of months.

The pigment splotches on my face (cheeks and forehead) got worse this past weekend.  I'm not sure if it's because I got a little sun or if its just because of normal pregnancy hormone fluctuations.  It's not too bad but definitely noticeable if you know me.   

Cravings?
 My sweet tooth seems to have kicked in again.  Dessert is on my mind a lot these days.

What are you missing?
After having such discomfort when finished working out last week, I definitely miss being able to walk like a normal person post work-out.  Instead I kind of waddle for a few minutes after I first get up from sitting.

Maternity Clothes? 

I'm wearing my first maternity top to work today.  It's nice not to have to worry about keeping it pulled down over the elastic on my pants.

There are still some jeans/shorts that I can wear using a hair tie on the button.  I should probably stop doing that soon.  I learned my lesson last time around when I broke the zipper on one of my favorite pairs of jeans, trying to make them last.  I'll go ahead and get my maternity jeans out this week.

What are you looking forward to? 

I have a 4 day weekend coming up.  It will be nice to spend some quality time with Olivia.  Maybe I'll make some decisions on her sister's room for paint colors too.

Something you're loving about being pregnant?
I still really love that I can feel her squirming around in there.  The movement is starting to get a little more noticeable than a couple of weeks ago.  I haven't been able to feel it from the outside yet...maybe a couple more weeks.

Weight Gain/Loss
+ 7-8 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment