Thursday, August 6, 2015

20 Weeks- Halfway there!

Things have been busy and I missed last week's update.  And now this week's is a little late as well.  I'll be 21 weeks in just 2 days.  I just know that I'm going to turn around once more and I'll be closing in on my due date. 

I'm both happy and sad that time is going so quickly.  I can't wait for this little lady to get here and I'm anxious to be a family of four.  Seriously, I get all gooey inside just thinking about my two girls growing up together.  :)  On the other hand, this could end up being my last pregnancy.  While, I think I'm okay with that idea, it still saddens me to potentially not be able to experience this again.  I mean, all things considered, this has been an enjoyable pregnancy so far....and I really hope it stays that way.  Yes, I was pretty sick in the beginning but I feel like that is almost a necessary evil.  It definitely hasn't ruined my opinion of this pregnancy.

So now that I'm over halfway baked, Brad and I seriously need to step up our game in getting some things taken off the to-do list.  First up is painting her room and installing a new ceiling fan this weekend.  I also need to order the rug, the curtains, and decided on a vinyl wall decal for her.  My goal for those last 3 items is before the end of next week.  Decisions, decisions!

How far along?
20 weeks 5 days

How are you feeling? 

I'm still feeling pretty good.  I didn't run this week and I'm kind of glad that I've taken a little time to let my pelvis recover.  The discomfort I was experiencing was increasing but is now back in check.  I'm hoping to get a couple of runs in before the week is out. 


My stomach is starting to get in the way of things and prohibiting my movement.  I'm not really looking forward to the significant decrease in flexibility that is coming my way.  I remember from last time how much effort it took to get socks and shoes on.  It was interesting, that's for sure.

My need for naps or even extra sleeps seemed to have waned in the last week or two.  It's kind of nice to be operating on a pre-pregnancy amount of sleep and still feeling good enough to get a lot accomplished.  I'm sure it won't last, but I'm relishing in it for now.

This babe is starting to be more active.  Either that, or I'm able to feel a lot more of the movements.  It's really great!

Cravings?
Oh my gosh, all I want to eat for dinner is sugar!  I've been forcing vegetables upon myself and other options that are at least better for me than the chips ahoy cookies, gummy lifesavers, dark chocolate mini bars, milky ways, and variety of ice cream treats that are calling me name the second I walk in the door in the evenings.  It's funny, because I don't feel like that when I'm at work.  I eat the lunch I packed and am usually satisfied without craving junk food.  I hope this craving wanes a little in the coming weeks.  My willpower is non-existent!


What are you missing?
Not really missing much right now.

Maternity Clothes? 

Overall, I'm in all maternity.  There are still some tops that are in my rotation.  Maybe only a couple more weeks on those.  I was trying to make the small amount of summer maternity tops last until the weather the starts to change.  I have plenty of items from last time that I can wear this fall and winter.  Hopefully, I can stretch my summer wardrobe out a little bit longer.

What are you looking forward to? 

Getting some projects done!

Something you're loving about being pregnant?
People I don't know are starting to notice.  It's fun. :)

Weight Gain/Loss
+ 10 lbs

Here's a fun comparison picture from my first pregnancy.  I'm definitely bigger this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment