Tuesday, August 18, 2015

22 weeks!

I love summer.  Even though it's been super hot throughout the last week, I'm still loving every second.  Before long, I know it's going to turn cold and we'll be stuck indoors.  I wonder if this winter will go faster or slower with the addition of the new baby in December? 

Honestly, if all of our family and friends weren't here I would be having some serious conversations with Brad about moving south.  These Chicago winters that last well through March and into April are wearing on my last nerve.  It would be so great to just pack up and move to somewhere like North Carolina!  Ahh, I don't ever truly see that happening so I might as well try to accept it.  :(

In other news, we had our ultrasound last week and it went great.  Baby girl is still a girl and was in there wiggling around.  It looked like she had her fingers in her mouth at one point.  It was so cute!  I loved watching her and enjoyed every second.  Apparently, Brad did not share my enthusiasm.  He said that through the majority of the scan, he couldn't really tell what the tech was looking at.  Bummer for him I guess.

How far along?
22 weeks 3 days

How are you feeling? 
I'm feeling great and getting things done.  It's really amazing how much I can accomplish around the house these days.  Yes, I am sore at the end of the day when I've been cleaning the house and staying active, but my energy levels are allowing me to get so much done that I absolutely have to take advantage of this time!

Even through I really love summer, these 90 degree temps make it difficult to get any runs in during the day.  I just can't justify running inside when it's summer.  I still go at night after Olivia is down, but that won't last much longer.  I'm running out of daylight after 8 pm.

I hope I'm just in a sleep slump the last couple of weeks. My sleep is interrupted frequently at night and I would love to feel like I'm sleeping all the way through.  Even though I have enough energy, I'm still pretty tired when I wake up and feel like I could sleep for a couple more hours.

I'm still running but the idea of walking has been entering my mind more and more the last couple of weeks.  We'll see how much longer I can continue to run with this belly.

Cravings? 
I really wish I wasn't craving junk food so much!  I just know I'm going to pay for giving in to these cravings all the time.  Normally, I don't buy any sugary foods.  However, I just can't seem to stop myself throughout this pregnancy so far.  I'm trying to make up for it and getting a lot of fresh fruits and veggies, but I still just want sweets so badly.  I guess I'll just keep trying and hope that this extreme sweet tooth lets up a little bit.

What are you missing?
I haven't been missing alcohol very much the last couple of weeks.

I do really miss being able to work out at a good pace and not being so sore afterward.  It's hard to stay motivated to go run when I know I'm going to be limping and waddling for the next day.

Maternity Clothes?
I washed most of the clothes I had in storage, so they're ready to go as soon as the weather turns.  I thought I would be more excited to see those clothes....nope, they really underwhelmed me and made me feel like I need to get a few new options for the winter.

What are you looking forward to?
I still don't have curtains picked out or the wall decal.  Maybe sometime soon?

Baby Purchases?
Nothing new.  I think I'll start buying newborn and size 1 diapers when I go to the store so I can be stocked up.  That might help with some of the costs in the beginning.

Weight Gain/Loss?
+ 13 lbs - I feel like this fluctuates a lot by 2 lbs or so.  Maybe I'm retaining more water these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment