Thursday, August 27, 2015

23 week update

How far along?
23 weeks 5 days

How are you feeling? 
I'm still in the sweet spot; feeling great, sleeping better now, energy levels are up and I'm not too big (yet).  Although the bump has really started getting in my way. 

I'm so happy to be sleeping better lately.  It felt like I was never going to get a restful night of sleep for a while.  Maybe it's the fact that I've got sleeping with the body pillow down pat now, so I'm able to be much more comfortable?

Movement has picked up and I can feel her above my belly button now sometimes.  I absolutely love being able to feel her moving around in there.  It's so relaxing and makes me feel bonded with her. I'm hoping to be able to have Olivia be able to feel her moving in the next couple of weeks.  That will be so much fun! 

New Symptoms?
Acid reflux has made it's return into my life.  I've had it here and there for the last couple of weeks but it has gotten a little stronger at times.  Last time, it got to be a nuisance in the middle of the night and would wake me up regularly.  I wonder how long it will take for that to happen?

Cravings? 
Sugar has a tight grip on me.  I made a conscious decision to cut out about half of the sweets I've been eating.  If I don't do something soon, I'll really pay for it later when I have to work even harder to get this weight off.  Wish me luck!

What are you missing?
I miss being able to work out like a non-pregnant girl.  I wish it wasn't so hard to get motivated to run.  I didn't go at all last week.  Even when there is a little time to squeeze it in, I don't want to deal with the discomfort both during and after.  Either way, if I'm not going to run, I need to make sure I'm getting some nice walks in.

Maternity Clothes?
Yes and thank goodness for them.  I feel so huge already and I still have 16 + weeks to go.  I'm going to be a house!

What are you looking forward to? 
Just enjoying this pregnancy and Olivia for now.  Nothing too exciting coming up and I'm okay with that.

Baby Purchases?
Nada.  I'm going to see if the doctor will give me the prescription for my breast pump at my next appointment.  I'm sure we'll start buying a few items within the next month.

Weight Gain/Loss?
+14

No comments:

Post a Comment