Tuesday, October 20, 2015

31 weeks

Well, I haven't updated in what feels like forever.  Things have been so ridiculously busy, it's been difficult to find any time.  I cannot believe we are nearing the home stretch so quickly.  There are sooo many things to do and not nearly enough time to get it all done.  Brad and I were miracously able to keep this coming weekend open so that we could spend time getting some items marked off of our to-do list.  Maybe I'll feel a little better after that. 

This little chick has been so active.  Way more than I remember with Olivia.  Some of her movements are already causing some pain-she's got some muscles.

How far along?
31 weeks 2 day

How are you feeling? 
I hate to complain but I have not been doing as good as I hoped to be doing.  I feel like I didn't feel this crummy until the very end with Olivia.  For about a week now the pelvic pain has been fairly prevalent.  Both getting up and sitting down has become pretty intense and can be painful by the end of the day.  Laying down at night or moving in the middle of the night hurts now as well.  Until I'm all set up with my pillows in the appropriate positions, everything is super achy.  I think I'm going to really force myself to get some walks in this week and see if that will help at all.

Acid reflux has become almost constant some days.  It seems like no matter what I do, it's there within an hour after I eat.  I told Brad that I'm going to make a genuine effort to cut out most processed foods and sugar to see if that will help.

I actually don't have any real swelling to speak of just yet.  I notice just a tiny bit in my legs at the end of the day.  It that holds off for a few weeks, I'll be a happy camper.

Overall, I'm starting to be more sluggish and tired making me feel even worse about not being able to get things done.  9 more weeks keeps running through my mind.  Those last few should prove to be interesting if I already feel like this.

I am however, enjoying all the positive attention I've been getting.  I forgot how much people (strangers included) seem to like pregnant people.  It's a good reminder that what I'm doing-bringing a baby into the world- is important and cherished by so many people.       

New Symptoms?
Tail bone pain started at 28 weeks and has continued on and off depending on the chair I sit in.  It hasn't been too bad...yet.

I've been snoring a lot more and enough for Brad to have to wake me up almost every night.

Not really a symptom but I had to increase my iron intake because I'm borderline anemic.  So far the iron pills haven't seemed to change my digestion at all, so that's good.

Upper back pain started several days ago.  Basically everything from my neck to between my shoulder blades is achy and sore.  Seems so odd to me.

Also,  a weird crampy thing on the left side of my abdomen occurred the last 2 nights in a row.  Both times it happened when I moved just slightly while laying on my right side in the middle of the night.  It's an intense, deep pain on my lower left abdomen that doesn't get better unless I lay on my left side.  Maybe it's from laying too long on my right side?

Cravings? 
I'm still loving junk food.  I seriously need to stop to try and help the acid reflux and control my weight.  It will probably make me feel better overall too.  It's so difficult!

What are you missing?
I miss having a normal body that doesn't hurt all the time.  I want to get around like I used to.  Everything is taking me forever and I don't have any patience for myself, lol.

Maternity Clothes?
I've reached that point in the pregnancy where I can already tell that there will be a few items that I may have to stop wearing in my final month.  That's always a feel good moment- when you grow out of your maternity clothes.  :(

What are you looking forward to? 
I'm really looking forward to soaking up all the time we have left as a family of three and getting ready for the holidays.  Olivia is at such a great age and so much fun right now.  She'll be such a great big sister.

Baby Purchases?
Ugh, working on this one soon I hope.  Basically, we've bought some diapers and wipes; that's it.  I'm going to be making a list this week and get some things marked off soon.

Oh, I did get a prescription for the breast pump.  I'll be sending that through to my insurance and get the ball rolling there.

Weight Gain/Loss?
+22 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment