Monday, November 7, 2011

Quick Update on Our Retrieval

So, I talked to the Dr today about our retrieval and asked some of the questions that have been running through my mind since yesterday.

First of all, it turns out that they actually retrieved 5 eggs.  One was slightly immature and the other 4 were immature.  They actually got them all to mature and 3 fertilized.  However, he said that the embryo quality was not very good at all. 

Honestly, I wasn't expecting much.  I am slightly happy that they got my eggs to mature and fertilize...small victories, right?

We set up a consult for Thursday to go through all my in-depth questions and go over where he would like to go with our new protocol for January.

Our original plan was to freeze them today (rather than growing them out and then freezing them since this is not a fresh cycle) but since the quality is so poor, Dr. Springer wants to grow them to day 3 to see: a) if any even survive and b) if their quality improves over the next 2 days. 

At that point, he will determine if it is worth our money (embryo freezing in 100% OOP) to put our embies on ice until January. 

I guess that's all until Wednesday.  I'll be praying our embies can surprise everyone and turn things around.

No comments:

Post a Comment