Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Half Baked!!!

Wow, I cannot believe how fast this pregnancy seems to have gone!  I know in the beginning that it felt like time was moving at a snail's pace, but now looking back, I am having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that I am half way through this pregnancy!

I'm sure things will start to go even more quickly as the holidays get closer and we have more on our schedule for baby planning purposes.

This past weekend, we painted the nursery.  After painting it once and deciding that it was too light, I went back to home depot for the next shade darker, convinced that it would be perfect.  Well, it's still too light and I am not pleased.  Brad and I decided on yet another color last night that I will probably go it pick up sometime this week and start by painting an accent wall (just to make sure the color is what we want).  Hopefully, this will be our last attempt at painting the nursery.

In other nursery news, I ordered the curtains and am making the final decision on what vinyl tree decal we want to order.  Oh my gosh, I am absolutely loving decorating this nursery!!!!  Next up this week is picking out the fabric to recover the glider cushions we have.  They are currently denim....not exactly my first choice.

Hopefully, I'll have some progress pictures in the next couple of weeks.

Now for the usual:

How far along? 20 weeks 3 days

How are you feeling? 
Still trying to kick this cold.  Since Saturday I have been able to sleep through the night with the exception of pee breaks and I'm really starting to get some energy back.  I'm still congested and coughing but this is a walk in the park compared to where I was last week.  I'm hoping to get a nice run in tonight but it might not go well if I can't breathe. :)

Cravings? 
Last week I started craving fruit more often.  We'll see how long this healthy craving lasts before I get the urge for some fast food, lol.

What are you missing?
Not much lately.  Last week sucked not being able to take anything to help relieve my cold symptoms.   

Maternity Clothes?
Ever since my broken zipper episode last week, I have been officially converted to maternity pants....That is until I found 2 pairs of jeans that were too big on me before pregnancy.  I am wearing those as well, for now.  I'm thinking I'll start wearing my maternity shirts soon since most of my tops are getting borderline too short.

What are you looking forward to?
Getting the nursery finished.  I know that this is going to be several months in the making but for now I just want to have the basics done: paint, curtains, wall decal, other wall art, and furniture.

Baby Purchases?
We ordered the changing table last weekend and are waiting  until the dresser goes back on sale to get it ordered. 

Weight Gain/Loss?
Still up about 9-10 lbs

No fancy picture this week:

No comments:

Post a Comment