Monday, September 10, 2012

18 & 19 Week Update


So I missed last week's update...whoops!  Honestly though I feel like not much has changed in the last couple of weeks.  I feel like my bump is still the same size and I'm hoping for a growth spurt here shortly.

I finally made the decision to start buying some maternity items.  I was able to find a few tops at Macy's and Old Navy but I'm waiting to wear them for a few more weeks when my belly will fill them out a little better.  Plus, they are all long sleeved or 3/4 length which it's still a little warm for these days.

Not a whole lot going on lately, which has been a nice change of pace from the last couple of months.  We spent our Labor Day weekend doing fun things for the most part and even took the following Tuesday off.  Our garage was jam-packed and in need of some organization so we tackled that.  I can now say that there is adequate room to get a child in and out of the car while its in the garage.  Yay!

This past weekend we had a wedding with a bunch of friends and had a really nice time.  I was surprised how much energy I was able to muster up and ended up on the dance floor the majority of the night.

And here's one with the bump in all it's glory:

However, I woke up today feeling pretty crappy with a sore throat and a cough.  Let's hope it's just a little cold. 

I'm getting super anxious for Thursday to be here....that's when we have the a/s and hopefully find out if this little one is a boy or girl.  So excited!!!

Here's the latest and greatest for the 18 & 19 week update:

How far along? 19 weeks 2 days

How are you feeling? 
Pretty good except for this possible cold I developed sometime overnight.  Still getting 3-4 runs in throughout the week although I think I pulled something in the arch of my foot.  It's not too bad when I'm running but hurts more when I'm in sandals.

My newest symptom is the tailbone pain that started on Saturday.  It's very odd...When I'm sitting at a particular angle or on any seat thats not my couch, my tailbone gets really sensitive and feels alot like it's bruised. 

Cravings? 
Just food in general.  Most things sounds good to me these days.

What are you missing?
Still missing a glass of wine or even a dirty martini here or there. 

Maternity Clothes?
Still in all my regular clothes.  Every pair of pants now requires a hair tie but it's doing the trick for now.  I have some maternity jeans waiting in the wings when I'm ready (or sick of trying to make my regular pants work).  I still have a few weeks on shirts (I think). 

What are you looking forward to?
Our anatomy scan is this Thursday.  Brad and I think we picked out the nursery paint color, so we'll probably paint it this weekend and add a few gender specific accents to the room.

I'm still waiting for movement and I'm getting so impatient.  I keep thinking to myself, maybe in a couple of days....but those days keeping dragging on into weeks.  Fingers crossed!

Baby Purchases?
Nothing really.  We are hoping to change that pretty soon.  I think we will buy the dresser here shortly and maybe some clothes after Thursday's appt.

Weight Gain/Loss?
A couple of weeks ago I stopped weighing myself everyday because it was driving me crazy.  As of yesterday I was up 9lbs. 





No comments:

Post a Comment