Monday, August 27, 2012

Feeling the pressure & 17 week update

So, lately I have started having mini-freakouts about random things having to do with this pregnancy/baby.  Some days are better than others but I have definitely noticed an increase in worrying within the last week.  Most of it is trivial stuff, ie finalizing our childbirth/breastfeeding classes, finishing the registry, picking the design of the nursery, setting up maternity pics, somehow finding cute and inexpensive maternity clothes, blah blah blah.  I could go on forever and I'm sure I'm no different than any other first time mom.

I think it's time for me to put together a detail to-do list of everything I want to accomplish and when I want to have it done.  Maybe if I have everything in one place it will feel more manageable.  Plus, there are a lot of things that I really don't need to be worrying about until later on in this pregnancy.  Okay, I just decided that putting together a to-do list will be my "to-do" this week.  I'm feeling better already....almost.

As for actual happenings in the life of Katie, this week included  a bachelorette party on Saturday....woo-hoo!  I can proudly say that I felt really good all night and had a nice time even though it was a barcrawl. :-/  There really wasn't as much drunkeness as I was expecting and I was able to catch up with quite a few really good friends. 

This week also marked the first time I've thrown up during this pregnancy.  It was very strange and I'm really not sure what happened to cause the "incident."  I had just eaten spaghetti for dinner (which I eat pretty frequently) and no more than a minute after getting up from the table, I had to dash for the bathroom where I proceeded to completely empty my stomach.  Immediately following I felt fine and was actually hungry.  I'm not 100% sure that it was related to pregnancy but since that's never happened to me before, I'm going to chalk this up as just another symptom.

Other than those interesting tidbits, here is the standard update:

How far along?17 weeks 2 days

How are you feeling? 
Still really enjoying this pregnancy.  I'm still able to stay active, which I'm sure is contributing to feeling as good as I do lately.  I am worried how long I'll be able to sustain all the running, but for now I'm just thankful that I still can.

I still have days of exhaustion but it seems like nothing compared to first tri.

Cravings? 
Well I don't know if it's for sure a craving but I have really been enjoying pickles the last couple of weeks.  I am normally a big pickle lover but they didn't appeal to be at all during the first tri, so maybe a craving, maybe not?

What are you missing?
Not truly missing much.  The one thing that seems to creep up on me at least once a week, is having a nice glass or wine or even a beer.  I'm not sure if I'll be able to let myself enjoy a small glass later in pregnancy or not, but for now I'll just get by trying not to think about it. :)

Maternity Clothes?
I feel like I'm hanging on to my regular pants by a thread.  It's almost impossible to get most of my pants to button these days but I still have a few really low rise jeans that I can get by with.  I've been practicing the hair-tie extender trick for a while now.  I don't know quite what it is, but for some reason I am having a really hard time making the decision to wear the maternity items I've already bought.  Hopefully I can get myself over the hump (I may have no choice pretty soon) and take the plunge. 

What are you looking forward to?
I'm still waiting to feel movement.  I usually spend time every evening trying to lie on my back on the couch to see if I can feel anything.  I'm kind of tyring to tell myself that it's still going to be a while.  But I'm still holding out hope that it will be before the projected 20-22 weeks the doctor told me.

Something you're loving about being pregnant?
Pretty much everything. :)

This was before the bachelorette party on Saturday at exactly 17 weeks:

No comments:

Post a Comment