Tuesday, August 21, 2012

16 weeks

I hit 16 weeks last Saturday and we celebrated by starting our registry. :)  We only did items that we want to be gender neutral and the rest we will register for once we know the sex.  It was a ton of fun picking everything out!!

As for this weekend, I have a bacherlorette party on Saturday.  Being that it mostly consists of a bar crawl, I'm not too excited to attend.  Sure, it will be fun to catch up with a lot of friends but I can't see myself staying all that long.  I'm sure after about 3 hours into the barcrawl portion, I'll probably head home like the old lady I am, haha!  I'm sure I'll have updates on how the party went sometime next week.

For now, here is my boring update:

How far along?
16 weeks 3 days

How are you feeling? 
Feeling good!  Running 2-3 times a week and staying active all the other days.  I'm so thankful that the nausea is gone!  Round ligament pain seems to be occuring more frequently but nothing terrible.... I guess it's just a reminder that I'm carrying a little person around with me and to do that requires some things to stretch. :)

Cravings? 
Dare I say my sweets craving seems to have waned?  Not craving anything in particular right now.  It seems like I get a craving when I see a commerical or someone brings up a particular type of food.  No real aversions at this point, so yay for that!

What are you missing?
Being able to wear my jeans comfortably.  I bought a couple of maternity jeans from Old Navy on Saturday and I'm not ready to wear them yet.  They just don't fit like my regular jeans. :(

Maternity Clothes?
Still not wearing the maternity clothes that I have purchased but it's not going to be long.  I'm hoping I can hold out for another couple of weeks on switching to maternity pants but we'll see.  I think I'll continue to buy a couple tops here and there so that I've got them when I'm ready to switch over.

What are you looking forward to?
I absolutely cannot wait to feel this sweet baby move!  I have some renewed hope that I still may be able to feel movement earlier than the 20-22 weeks that I was told.  A few girls on my birth month forum that have AP's have started to feel a little movement...yay!!

Something you're loving about being pregnant?
Still really enjoying almost everything.  I love that I get to carry this baby for 9 months!


I went to a baby shower on Sunday and several family members pointed out my "cute little bump."  It's so nice to finally have people noticing that I'm pregnant!


No comments:

Post a Comment