Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Acupuncture, Spring Weather, and Running

Since I updated last, I did ask my acupuncturist if I could do the 8k at the end of this month.  He basically told me that I could do it if I really wanted to but he didn't necessarily agree.  I decided against the race and have just been running on my schedule since.  It's actually been really nice to not have to worry about training for a 5 mile race in less than 4 weeks.  This way I can just relax and do whatever I feel comfortable with each day that I run.  It definitely doesn't hurt that the weather has been amazing! 

I'm so glad that (it seems) like spring is finally here.  Don't ge me wrong, I know this is Chicago and that we could still be in store for more cold temperatures and even snow in the next 30 days, but for now I prefer not to think about that and just bask in the break in weather.  I actually wore open toed wedges to work today...it's the small things that make me so happy!!!

With the warm weather, also comes the anticipation of our next IVF cycle in April.  January seems so long ago now and I'm ready to start the ball rolling on treatment again.

My cycle hasn't exactly been normal after IVF in January.  Today is day 38 of my cylce but it's looking like it's going to turn into day 1.  I have been cramping all morning and semi spotting since late Sunday.  I'm actually pretty proud of myself this cycle.  I didn't really chart anything but I did check cervical position a couple of times when I thought I was close to ovulating and I'm pretty sure that I O'd on CD26.  If I get my period today, that puts me at an 11 day LP unmedicated which isn't too bad.  Of course it would have been even better if I got pregnant this cycle, but for obvious reasons, I didn't exactly have my hopes up.  So, it's on to treatment again and I'm actually kind of excited to talk to the nurses and my RE because I kind of miss them.  :)

Oh and last but not least, we are going to Vegas in June with some friends!!!!!  I am so excited to get away and think we'll have a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment