Monday, April 2, 2012

24

24 is the number of months we have now been trying to conceive. It's not a good feeling that's for sure.... I should be celebrating a child's birthday, a pregnancy, or some other positive milestone in adding to our family. I wonder if I will be writing another one of these posts in 12 months? I can think of nothing better than looking back at this journey 12 months from now, on the other side of infertility. We shall see.

On a separate note, I am now on day 21 of my cycle and I'm not really sure when I will be ovulating since I still haven't. FML. What in the hell is happening to my body and why can't it get back to normal?

Anyways, last cycle it didn't really matter when I O'd but this cycle is different because I will need to be back on bcp's for our May IVF cycle. Brad and I talked on Saturday and decided that I should call the doctor and have them get my period started so we won't be pushing IVF yet another month.

We have pushed it back for 2 months at the advice of both my acupuncturist and my IVF nurse so that my body could get back to normal but I really don't think I want to push it off for another month. Hopefully the nurse is in agreement and they can have me take a progesterone shot after my b/w comes back showing no ovulation yet.

Ugh, could something please just go right?

2 comments:

  1. HI Katie- found your blog through someone elses and can relate to you with your struggles.

    We have Severe Male infertility, in fact my husband just saw his urologist who said "everything looks fine". If everything looks fine, then why are his counts and motility so incredible low?? This infertility journey is such a long one, one that i wish to not be apart of, but that will hopefully mold me, change me and present me with a healthy baby in the long run. I hope you get yourself back to "normal" and can begin your IVF again soon. Hopefully we will be doing ICSI come August. Those 4months in between will be so long im sure! I will continue to follow your blog and keep my fingers crossed for you and your husband!! Best wishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Acupuncture Therapy will help you during pregnancy. We provide treatments for many conditions such as IVF support, pregnancy, erectile dysfunction, amenorrhea, menstruation irregularities at reasonable cost.

    acupuncture and IVF

    ReplyDelete