Monday, April 23, 2012

I Did It!

I officially came out on Facebook last night for National Infertility Awareness Week. I plan on posting at least a few more times before the week is over....and I can't wait! So far the support has been wonderful. Besides the positive comments and "likes" I got, an old friend that just had a baby messaged me to tell me that she struggled with infertility for 3 years before success. It's so nice when people reach out like that and help you feel just a little bit less alone.

Later this week I am attending a NIAW seminar (and hoping to convince Brad to come with me). I'm hopeful that it will give me the necessary tools to better deal with our upcoming IVF cycle. Every little bit helps, right?

On a side note, I would like to share this video that I found on you tube. It really resonated with me and the way that I feel...not to mention made me cry.

"No one told me about infertility"

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Congrats on going public! :)

    Love the video, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome! I recently closed my facebook account but actually thought of reactivating it this week just to spread the awareness and I chickened out. Very cool you were able to be so brave :)

    ReplyDelete