Monday, May 7, 2012

7 days of Stims...And Some Inspiration

After 7 days of stims I have to say, I actually feel pretty darn good!  Don't get me wrong, I've had a few moments of mood swing hell here and there and I'm definitely feeling pretty tired, but overall I feel good. :)

Eating well, exercising often, acupuncture, and a postive attitude are really helping me to get through this with a smile on my face.  I'm so thankful that I gave myself the time I needed to get in a good place before starting this cycle. 

It's amazing how sometimes taking a step back and re-evaluating your goals (sometimes with the help of professionals) can really get you to a good place.  Don't get me wrong, there will still probably be some low times ahead for me in the next few weeks.  I just feel like I am more prepared to deal with whatever gets thrown my direction.  Yeah, bad news will suck and its still going to hurt like hell.  But, I WILL get through this and I WILL be a better person on the other side of this battle. 

I read a quote a few months ago that I have held on to and it's kind of become my motto:
"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."  I feel like I have tapped into a well of emotional strength lately that is allowing me to see that I CAN get through this....It may not be what I envisioned, but there is so much more to life than what we originally planned for ourselves.

Some other quotes I've read/pinned on pinterest that I read when I need some inspiration:

"I'm not telling you it's going to be easy. I'm telling you it's going to be worth it."
"The minute you think of giving up, think of the reason you held on for so long."
"Don't allow your wounds to turn you into a person you are not."
"Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you will look back and realize they were the big things."


On a side note, we are being very fague with our families and friends this time around concerning details about our next cycle and when we are going through procedures.  I mean, our immediate families and close friends know the dates; but as for everyone else, we are just telling them we are getting ready for another cycle soon.  Whatever the outcome for this cycle, I really don't want people bothering me right when we find out.  Brad and I are going to need time to ourselves at first without having to explain the details to the extended family and friends that aren't in our close-knit circle.

2 comments:

  1. I've thought the same thing, Katie. I want people to know about our treatment dates, but I don't want people bugging us(out of love of course). It's a fine line, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely agree with you about talking vaguely about dates. I'm tired of having to tell everyone every last detail of our treatment cycles. It's exhausting! Good luck as you move forward!

    ReplyDelete