Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I've been keeping a secret....

I'm pregnant!!

We found out last friday and then had another beta today.  It came back at 1226.  The doubling time is a little over 24 hours.  Brad and I are over the moon! 

It's starting to sink in that this is for real.  Wow, we are having a baby (maybe babies).

Let me back up a little though and say that we also were able to freeze 2 beautiful blastocysts this cycle.  :)  The fact that we had some left to freeze was wonderful just on it's own.

Now, onto the events from last Friday (4 days ago).  I wrote the post below over the weekened:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, we told everyone that our beta (blood pregnancy test) was May 29th (Tuesday). However, I was able to get the doctor to move up my appt to the 25th(the Friday before), since I'm a PIA and can't wait.

When I originally asked, the nurse she was hesitant to let me have it done early since the number could be low and cause unneeded anxiety. This was obviously a valid point since I wanted to have them test earlier than they normally allow anyone at only 10 days past 3 day transfer (10dp3dt).  However, I knew that I would end up testing at home over the long weekend anyways and would rather have the beta from my doctor rather than just a positive on a home test.

Brad and I took the day off on Friday so we could be together for the news. The nurse said she would call around 2:00 with the results. After we left the doctor, we went out for breakfast and then golfing. After that we went home and I cleaned our house while brad cleaned our cars inside and out. It's a good thing we kept ourselves busy because as it was every second seemed to be going by ever-so-slowly. I had told brad that morning before we left that we only had about 6 hours left of hope, and then everything was going to become reality. It was almost as if, now that the time had come to find out, I didn't want to know.  I guess I was just scared that it would crush me if it was negative and I didn't know if I was ready for that.

Fast forward to 2:02 when my phone rang. I immediately took it outside in the garage as I answered it. Brad walked over knowing that it was the results. The nurse asked me how I was feeling and how my day was going (which was killing me-just tell me the results already). She then told me to take it easy the rest of the day because I was pregnant! I could not believe what I was hearing. Cue the tears. I tried to shake my head yes at brad as the tears came but he didnt get it right away and I had to mouth the word "yes" to him. There was so much joy, relief, and pain all at the same time. It was the most indescribible feeling. Our journey was getting even closer to a happy ending. For all those times that I wondered if my body could even get pregnant, the resounding answer was YES! As I tried to collect myself on the phone--I'm not quite sure what all the nurse was saying at this time but I know she was excited for us and that my mind was going a million miles a minute.  It was then I realized I needed to know the number of my beta. I basically cut her off mid sentence (whoops) and asked her for the number.  When she replied with 160, I was in shock.  Oh my God, what a fantastic number! This put my fears aside for a chemical pregnancy (which I realize was still a slim possibility).

I go back in after the holiday weekend for my second beta. This will confirm if my numbers are doubling correctly. We are hoping and praying for more good news in a few days. Oh, how hard it is going to be this weekend as we hang out with friends that know about our cycle, to not share the news. Of course we told our parents that night and got giant hugs from both. As for today; well, today I'm pregnant and that's all that really matters! And today I am more blessed than I could ever imagine. This child (children-Brad is really stressing about twins) will be loved so very much. I am enjoying this so much that I can't even hardly worry about all the things that could still go wrong. Living in the future does me no good. After all, I just want to relish in the fact that for now, brad and I are expecting a baby (babies). Wow, those words sound so weird yet so wonderful!

6 comments:

  1. Yay yay yay yay yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you two :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! What fantastic news. I'm so incredibly happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! That is wonderful news :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww!!! So happy for you, Congratulations mama :)

    ReplyDelete