Saturday, May 12, 2012

What a Whirlwind!

Since I last updated let me just say that I spoke too soon about feeling fantastic....I started feeling crappy the very next day. Nothing too terrible, but some hot flashes, cramping, extreme fatigue, bloating (yes I actually had to unbutton my pants during the day at work-classy I know), and mood swings were my main symptoms. Although, it was nothing I couldn't handle and really wasn't all that bad, just annoying more than anything.

Anyways, we got the go-ahead on Thursday for retrieval on Saturday. Can you believe it...my progesterone never caused us any concern this cycle? It's funny how things work out. :).

We thought we would get about 10 eggs going into the procedure but were ecstatic to find out that they got 14 eggs....yay!!!!

Then came the interesting part: the recovery. I kept feeling worse as time went on (even when they were trying to give me motion sickness meds). It just wasn't working and after an hour in recovery my heart rate dropped into the 40's, the doctor decided to call an ambulance so that I could get monitored at the hospital. Brad and I looked at each other like "really, I can't believe this is happening."  We both just wanted to go home.

The funny part is that my 16 year old brother was already at the hospital from getting his gall bladder removed yesterday. My mom was actually there at the time too so she just had to come downstairs to visit me in the ER.

Of course, once I was at the hospital I started getting better and better. After I was there for about an hour and a half, I was ready to leave but we had to wait 4 hours to get discharged....Ugh am I glad to be home tonight. :)

After all the days events I can finally relax and just be very thankful for the fact that we got such a good quantity of eggs today. In the meantime I'm going to really try not to focus on what lies ahead in the next few days and all the possibilities for things to still go wrong. For now, I am just plain happy!

Oh, and something really important I want to add to this post. First of all, all of my close friends that know about this cycle have been absolutely amazing and supportive!...so thank you all for that. Secondly, when we got home today, brad brought the mail inside and handed me a card from a friend that is going through this infertility hell too. I am so touched by her kindness, it brings tears to my eyes. You know who you are - and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for making me feel so special!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment