Tuesday, May 15, 2012

I Already Feel Blessed

Well, we had our transfer today.  Just the fact that we have gotten to this point makes me feel so very thankful.  After so many cycles of bad news and dissapointment, it's really hard to grasp that all these positive things have happened this cycle..

We have changed so many things since our last IVF attempt in January.  I startred acupuncture more than 3 months ago, we started eating so much better, I got serious about working out (Brad was already doing that), and most importantly we (mostly me) got to a better mental and emotional place with this whole journey.  Back in January, I was losing myself and feeling more and more unhappy with everyday life....It was definitely time for a change.

Being able to see that there is so much more to life than the plan we have for ourselves and learning to be happy with what we have and find happiness in each day has been something that has given me peace. 

While I sometimes still feel that the rug is going to be pulled out from under my feet, I try to remember to focus on the fact that there are certain things that I cannot change.  I will do my best everyday to get to my goal and be happy with where I am in my life right now.

And now for an update:  We got the call on Sunday that out of the 14 eggs they retreived, 11 were mature and 10 fertilized normally.  Yay!  At that point we also decided that a 3 day transfer would probably be best for our situation based on previous cycles and the fact that our embryos from our first IVF weren't very good quality.

Fast forward to our transfer today.  When we got there were were informed that the 2 embryos they were transfering were 8cells/grade4....the best rating possible!!!!  And to top that off, the embryologist mentioned that he had a hard time picking the 2 best because all of our embyros were such great quality.  He also mentioned that he was hoping to have 6 embies to freeze by day 5 (which is Thursday).  What!?!?!?!?  How is that possible....if felt surreal to hear that news.  He handed me the pictures of our embryos (and they are gorgeous might I just add) and I couldn't hold back the tears any longer.  Everyone cleared out of the room and Brad and I got to take a minute to ourselves.

Here they are: (I've decided the one of the top is a girl and the one on the bottom is a boy- :)


Whatever the outcome of this cycle, I feel so incredibly blessed to have made it this far with so many hurdles overcome.  We put the pictures of our "kids" on the refrigerator when we got home and I can't help but get a huge grin on my face everytime I walk past them.  Here we are: we actually have a chance this cycle to become parents and I am on cloud 9 just for this opportunity!  :)   

Last but not least, here's a pic before the transfer.  Brad actually had to wear a haz-mat looking (white) suit that he didn't have all the way on in this pic.  Not the best pic, but a memorable one, for sure! 








1 comment:

  1. I can't tell you how happy I am for you. I know the last cycle was so disappointing but 10 embryos is AMAZING.. and possibly 6 to fertilize? Wow! I'm just so excited for you and hoping and praying this is it for you!!

    ReplyDelete