Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Yay for Vacation!

I'm so excited to go on vacation this Saturday!  This past week has been quite stressful and work filled.  I am definitely ready to put my mind, body and soul in a relaxed place.  Vegas should be just the place for that, right?  Haha, well it will be with the things we got planned. 

I realize that it's been a while since I updated and shared the exciting news that we are expecting, so here is an update on what has been going on since then.

I have been having a pleathera of different symptoms with exhaustion being the most noticeable.  I'm not kidding you, there are somedays (like today) that I feel like a truck ran me over.  It's a fight to keep my eyes open at work and oh so tempting to just lay my head down on my desk....I'm sure the boss would love that!  :)

We went for our first pregnancy scan yesterday.  There was a lot of anxious excitement to find out A. If there was actually something in there, and B. If there was more than one in there.  Turns out we are expecting a singleton.  :)  Of course, we are over the flipping moon about this but somewhere inside it still stung a little to know that one of the embryo's didn't survive.  Even though we both were only hoping for one baby for a lot of reasons, knowing that we lost one of our lovebugs just didn't sit all that well at first. 

When we first arrived we were informed that it may be possible that we would only see the gestational sac and not the yolk sac just yet.  As long as there was a gestational sac (in the uterus) they would have been happy.  What wonderful news to see the tiny little white dot inside the gest. sac which was the yolk sac.  <3

I know it's not much, but I'm in love!!!

When we get back from Vegas next week, we go back for our next scan to hopefully see a heartbeat.  It's probably a good thing that we are going to be on vacation to keep our minds off of this next HUGE appt. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment