Tuesday, July 24, 2012

12 week update

I officially hit 12 weeks last Saturday.....woo-hoo!!!!!

Still no more bleeding and I'm praying that it stays that way. 

We had our 12 week appt on Thursday and got to hear this little bean's heartbeat again.  It is amazing how much that sound can melt my heart.  There are still so many days that it's hard to believe that this is actually happening.  And now here we are at the 12 week mark and I'm starting to think about registering and my shower.  For so long I didn't allow myself to let my mind take me to those places and now it's hard to really wrap my head around the reality of it all.  I have been trying to force myself for weeks now to get comfortable with buying things but I still have only bought that 1 package of diapers for Brad.  I'm sure that one of these days I'll be able to actually take the plunge, but for now researching products and looking at maternity clothes is about as far as I've gotten. 

Oh infertility, you will always be there lurking in the corner....I guess that will never change.  It was such a big part of my life for the last couple of years that I guess it makes sense that I still have all kinds of unresolved fears.  I pray that these fade over time and I can concentrate more on my beautiful little baby.

After our appointment, we agreed that we were officially "OOC" (out of the closet) for this pregnancy.  We both agreed that we have waited long enough and decided to tell work and all the other people in our lives that did not know the news yet.  It feels weird that it's not a secret anymore but also a weight off my shoulders.  There were so many times in conversations that I nearly slipped up.  I guess that won't matter anymore. :)

Now for the weekly update:

How far along? 12w 2d

How are you feeling? Still battling m/s...I'm starting to get sciatic pain already and have had a few headaches in the last week

Cravings? This still changes with my mood.  Mostly cravings pop up when I hear someone talk about a specific type of food or see a commerical.

What are you missing?running, but I plan to start getting back into some sort of exercise routine since I was released last Thursday.

What are you looking forward to? I really can't wait to feel my LO move.  Oh, and I'm also looking forward to having an actual bump that makes me look pregnant and not like I have been eating too many donuts.

Something you're loving about being pregnant:  It still feels really magical to me and I still love that my boobs are getting bigger. :)

I slacked on taking a picture over the weekend so here I am on Monday:

No comments:

Post a Comment