Monday, July 30, 2012

13 Week Update

Wow, I made it to the 2nd trimester!  So very happy to be here (not to mention that I'm feeling better as well.

I borrowed my cousin's doppler and got to hear the baby on Thursday and again on Saturday.  I was always worried that using a doppler would create more stress if I couldn't find the heart beat, but so far so good. :)

How are you feeling? 
Sciatic pain has definitely been more prominent.  It seems to be the worst when I first get up out of a chair.  I'm hoping that it doesn't get too much worse as this pregnancy progresses.  I'm feeling more energetic these days and have been getting some light work-outs into my schedule, yay!  The best part is that the m/s sickness has pretty much disappeared.  It's so nice feel normal again!

Cravings?
Still seems to be sugar.  Chocolate, candy, ice cream, etc....they are all on my list.  I really wish I was one of those people that craved fruits or veggies.  In the meantime, I think I am doing a pretty good job of eating a balanced diet (well, now that the nausea is gone).

What are you missing?
Now that I am doing a little bit of running again, I really don't have much that I'm missing these days.  Maybe a glass of wine here or there.  It's weird because I thought I would miss drinking more than I do...especially at social activities.  I guess that's a good thing though!

What are you looking forward to?
Still looking forward to feeling LO move.  Also, our NT scan is tonight and I can't wait to see our little wiggleworm again.

Something you're loving about being pregnant: 
I love that I'm starting to show.  A few close friends and family have said things to me in the last couple of days about being able to tell that I was pregnant.  Yay!

Here I am last night after a very long day.  Excuse the no make up.
And just to see the difference of bump growth the last few weeks, here is a comparison of my 10 week  and 13 week pictures:

1 comment: