Monday, June 1, 2015

11 week update

Sick and tired of feeling sick and tired.  That's this week's theme. 

I am soooo hoping that I start to feel a little better soon.  I haven't had a decent day in a couple of weeks and I swear the nausea is worse now (since about 9 1/2 weeks) than before.  WTH?  We leave for vacation next Tuesday and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this "I'm going to vomit at any second" feeling starts to subside by then.  I thought the fatigue was getting better, but that was a fluke.  It has been worse for the last 4 or 5 days as well.  I started feeling better almost exactly at 12 weeks last time, so lets hope that I follow the same pattern this go around.  That would mean that by Saturday I could have some relief.  Oh, I would be so very happy for that! 

Even though I'm incredibly thankful for this pregnancy, its so hard to not vent sometimes when you feel like garbage 24/7...its not fun. I'm ready for the awesome part of pregnancy that I remember from last time: having enough energy to work out sometimes, feeling this baby move, looking like I'm pregnant and not chubby, and most of all not having a stomach ache.

I have another doctor appointment tomorrow afternoon.  If everything goes well, we'll be ready to be open with our news to the world this Saturday when I hit 12 weeks.  I guess anytime after the appointment, really.

How far along?11 weeks 2 days

How are you feeling? 
Still battling the nausea and fatigue but keeping the hope alive that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.  Pregnancy sciatica is back.  So far it just affects my left side and it's usually in the evenings after I've been active.  I tried stretching and that seems to help for a few minutes but that's about it. 


My skin is getting weird too.  I got little bumps on my thighs and upper arms.  I started using a little more lotion hoping that it will make them go away.  Also, when I'm out in the sun my face gets little brown spots on it afterward.  They seem to fade over the next couple of day but it's odd.

Cravings? 
Not really craving sweets.  It's more a feeling of knowing that sweets won't make me feel pukey.  I really want to eat healthy again but I just can't.  When I try to entertain the thought of fruits and vegetables, most of the time my tummy tells me no.

What are you missing?
I don't remember what it feels like to not be sick to my stomach.  I haven't really missed alcohol except for one hot day when I was outside with the hubby and after having a taste of his beer, I REALLY wanted one of my own.

Maternity Clothes?
 I'm still hanging on to my regular work pants at the moment.  There is one pair that I retired last week and I'm thinking the rest will not fit after next week.  Although I do have some pants that are a size too big that I may try to get away with for a little while as well.  I ordered some maternity pants from Gap and Old Navy.  Some were too big and the one's I was most excited for, well, they sent me the wrong pants.  I have to exchange them.  :(  My regular jeans should still fit for a while.  They're pretty stretchy and lower waisted than my dress pants.

What are you looking forward to? 
Tomorrow's appointment.  It's a relief to hear the heartbeat and I'm anxiously awaiting that moment. 


I'm also looking forward to vacation next week.  I can't wait to bring Livi to the ocean and relax.

Something you're loving about being pregnant?
 Brad has stepped up with helping around the house more now.  It's nice not having all those chores hanging over my head when I feel like crap.  Even though my bump isn't very big I like looking at it, haha.  That seems kind of weird maybe but it really helps me connect to the pregnancy and see my body start to transform and knowing there is a sweet little baby growing in there.  :)


Weight Gain/Loss
Up 2 lbs so far.  Some days I think it's closer to 3 lbs.  I was up 2lbs at my 9 week appointment, so that means that I haven't gained in 2 weeks.  I'm thinking the scale should be changing here soon.  Trying not to obsess about weight although it would be easier if I knew I was eating healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment