Monday, June 22, 2015

14 weeks

So it turns out that I was wrong about the fatigue...I've been so incredibly exhausted on and off since last week.  I'm wondering if maybe I need to increase my iron intake or something?  Maybe it has nothing to do with my iron level and I'm just tired because I'm making a person...whatever the reason, I'm seriously feeling drained.  What I wouldn't give to take a nap at my desk right now for like 3 hours. 

Not only have I been pretty tired lately, but my nausea seems to have come back for an on & off version of round 2.  It's not nearly what it was in first tri, but I'm definitely feeling sick at different points in the day.  Food aversions are very present too.  Most of the time, very little sounds good enough to eat. 

I'm not sure if I'm using these symptoms as an excuse or the fact that life is crazy busy, but I have not worked out in what feels like forever (and I'm not counting the beach yoga I did on vacation).  I seriously wish I could summon the ambition to make a workout happen.  I'd love to go for a run or even go to yoga.  Hopefully, soon that will become a reality.

Ok, so enough of the whining.  Outside of what I described above, there's a lot of good going on right now.  Our genetic screening results all came back normal.  Yay!  We celebrated father's day yesterday by telling our families the sex of the baby.  We got Olivia to tell my parents, which was super adorable!  I'll be spilling the beans here in a couple of weeks after we've told the rest of our family and friends.

Also, I told the majority of my co-workers about my news last week.  Apparently some people had already been inquiring about whether or not I was KU, so I figured rather than people whispering about it, I would just try to tell most everyone and let them know its not a secret.  I guess my loose, flowy tops weren't hiding my bump anymore.  :)

How far along?
14 weeks 2 days

How are you feeling? 

Not fantastic but not terrible.  I'm hoping that the return of the exhaustion and nausea is a short term thing and that next week I'll be feeling better.


I've had a couple of times in the last few days when I've had to stop in my tracks due to round ligament pain.  It seems to happen right now when I go to move too quickly and I have to stop in my tracks and re-adjust.

Oh, I've also got some issues with my contacts that I'm convinced is pregnancy related.  It's been going on for at least 3 weeks now.  I can't seem to wear my contacts for more than 6 hours without my eyes getting irritated.  I think I want to ask my doctor about switching to daily's to see if that helps with the irritation.

Not so much a feeling, but another symptom: I've got some pigment discoloration on my face.  I should have mentioned this last week as it became really noticeable in Florida when I was out in the sun.  So, since about 12 weeks I get a little splotchy on my forehead and cheeks after being in the sun.  I wonder if it will go away if I'm not in the sun as much?

Cravings? 
Nope, not really very hungry.

What are you missing?
I wish I could wear my contacts.

Maternity Clothes?
The morning after last week's post, I must have popped because almost all my work pants no longer fit (even the ones a size up).  I broke out my new maternity dress pants on Thursday and it was glorious.  I'm going to order a couple more pairs this week.  All my non-dress pants still fit and I think I've still got 2-3 weeks with those items before I'll have to make a switch.


I also picked up some maternity tops in a quick shopping trip that was only to return some pants that didn't work.  All well, I'm glad I bought the tops.  It will probably be at least 3-4 weeks before I start wearing any maternity tops though.  Plenty of my regular shirts still fit just fine, albeit a little tighter than before.

What are you looking forward to? 

I'm starting to think about when I'll get to feel this little baby move.  I'm hoping within the next month?

Also, Brad and I verbally went through a list of what we need to start working on to get ready for this babe.  I'm excited to start really putting together some plans for his/her arrival.  It's funny how you don't realize how much there is to do until you start actually make a list.  Eek!

Something you're loving about being pregnant?

Having people notice my little bump.  I'm sure it will be a little while until strangers ask, but it's fun when friends and family make mention that they can certainly tell I have a baby bump.

Weight Gain/Loss
+4 lbs.  This has been varying the last several days, so who knows.  It was about time that I added a couple more pounds since I hadn't gained any real weight since I was 8 weeks.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment