Wednesday, June 17, 2015

13 weeks

We're home from vacation and back to the daily grind. :(  We had a great time in Florida and I'm so happy we went.  Olivia had so much fun swimming in the ocean and in the pool.  That kid is like a fish, I swear! 

I felt pretty good while we were down there too.  My morning sickness has pretty much evaporated and the exhaustion is much better as well.  That stupid cold is still lingering and was annoying while we were away but it was better than dealing with m/s.

Today marks 13 weeks 4 days and in my book that puts me in the second trimester.  Hooray!  I have an appointment tonight and they will be handing me a sealed envelope with the sex of the baby in it.  I guess Brad and I have some talking to do so that we can figure out if or when we should open it.

Here's this week's stats:

How far along?
13 weeks 4 days

How are you feeling? 

 I think the morning sickness is gone for the most part.  I still have had a couple of moments here and there during the last week where I haven't felt very good, but its sooo much better.  There's actually somewhat of a new twist.  I haven't been very hungry since the sickness has gone away.  Like, I don't really feel like eating much at all throughout the day.  I still make sure that I'm eating and getting enough, but it's so weird.  I wonder if it has something to do with this cold?


The exhaustion is also much better, although there are still nights like last night were I feel completely out of energy by 7 pm.

I've been getting cramps on and off in my lower abdomen.  Nothing that is concerning, just growing pains I'm sure.  And while my stomach hasn't really grown all that much, it has already started to become itchy.  I thought it was rather early for this so who knows.  I've been putting on cocoa butter just like last time in case that helped prevent me from getting stretch marks.  If I can make it out of this pregnancy with no stretch marks I will seriously be so happy!

Cravings? 
Being that I'm not hungry, there's nothing that I'm craving lately. 

What are you missing?
 Nada

Maternity Clothes?
Nope, not yet.  I've got a couple of pairs of dress pants that are a size up from what I was wearing, so I'm working on wearing those right now.  I'm hoping I've got another 2-3 weeks until I have to make the switch to maternity dress pants.  I finally found a fantastic pair from the Gap that I love and will be happy to wear when the time comes, so that makes me feel a little better.  I think I really need to make some time very soon to get some more pants and maybe some shirts so that I've got them when the time comes.

What are you looking forward to? 
Continuing to feel better.  And maybe finding out the sex.  We'll see about the later.

Something you're loving about being pregnant?

I get to chose where we eat. :)

Weight Gain/Loss
+2 lbs.  Last week's 1 lb loss rebounded back to the 2 lb gain.  I'm sure I'll start seeing the scale go up though.  It's time to probably start gaining about a pound/week.

 
Here are some pics from vacation with a 13 week bump shot.


No comments:

Post a Comment