Monday, June 8, 2015

12 weeks

I know I'm technically not out of first tri yet, but I'm celebrating and out with my news!  It feels good that it's not a secret anymore.  Although the majority of my co-workers don't know, that will not last long with this bump that has really seemed to pop the last few days.  While I've thought for a while that I had a bump in the evenings, it's still there when I wake up in the morning now....yay!

Since about Thursday of last week, my all day sickness has started to wane.  I still definitely have little bouts here and there at different times during the day but I'm getting a glimpse at what it feels like to be normal again.  Thank goodness! 

In other news, I seem to have caught a cold.  Not cool.  Especially since we leave for vacation tomorrow.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it is really short-lived and that when I wake up tomorrow morning (day 4 of the cold), I'll be getting better.  It's funny, its like I swapped the m/s sickness for a cold instead.  Not being able to take anything for my super sore throat and this runny nose is irritating to say the least.  I have gotten very little sleep the last 3 nights.  I feel like I could just fall over right now.  Maybe a nap at lunch is in order?  :)   

I'm going to need some more energy to get me through this day. I have to work late tonight and then finish packing (which is taking forever, btw) and getting the house ready tonight before bed.  Oh, and it would be great if I could somehow magically get to bed earlier that usual also because I have to come into work tomorrow by 5 am so that I can wrap up my payroll activities and be done and leaving the office by 10 at the latest.  I'm going to be soooo tired!  But hey, I'll be sleeping on the plane from the drammamine.  Either way, vacation starts tomorrow and I'll get a chance to sleep then, so I'm fine going without for a few days I guess.

Here's this week's official update.

How far along?
12 weeks 2 days

How are you feeling? 
The morning sickness seems to be going away.  If I can get through this week feeling this good, I'll be so very happy.  It's nice to feel somewhat normal again.  I'm eating less the last 4 or 5 days too.  I think because I'm not sick 24/7 I don't feel the need to be constantly munching on carbs and other terrible things for my body.  I actually lost a pound this weekend.  Could be a fluke or could be from eating less in general and less of the foods that don't have much nutritional value.


Exhaustion is still hanging on but might be getting better.  I'm not sure.  It's so hard to tell since I've been getting  terrible sleep for the last 3 nights in a row.

Cravings? 
Nothing right now really.  Maybe cereal if I had to pick something.  It's not so much of a craving, but more like a go-to when I want to eat. 

What are you missing?
 Not a whole lot right now.  I could go for some more sleep these days, that's for sure.

Maternity Clothes?
Still not wearing anything maternity.  I'm pretty sure that I will be breaking out the maternity dress pants next week.  Things are getting snug.  I only have to work 2 days this week so I'll get by with my regular pants at work today and tomorrow.  Shirts will still be a while but I probably need to get serious about finding some new tops for work. 

What are you looking forward to? 
Vacation tomorrow!!!  Oh, and some sleep.  Sleep would be wonderful!

Something you're loving about being pregnant?
It's fun to watch the little baby bump grow.

Weight Gain/Loss
+1 lb.  I lost a pound this weekend.  Something tells me that I'm due to gain a couple of pounds here shortly.

** I realize that I haven't posted any bump pics yet.  Maybe next week I'll post something.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment