Monday, June 29, 2015

15 weeks already

It's funny; at times I feel like I have a long way to go until this baby is here and at other times I can't believe that I'm already 15 weeks.  I have roughly 5 1/2 months to get ready for this new babe.  Seems like a lot of time when you say it like that but I know each week is going to fly by and before I know it, it will be December.  I think I'm most stressed about making sure everything is taken care of at work.  That will be a feat in itself since I've been put in a very odd situation in which I can't really lean on anyone that I work with currently and will have to bring in outside help.  We'll see how that goes. :(

I'm really looking forward to the 8 weeks I'll be off with this new baby and Olivia.  I know it will go by in the blink of an eye, but it will still be so wonderful to bond with my 2 kids.  This could be the last time I go on maternity leave.  It makes me kind of sad to think that all of these pregnancy experiences and everything going forward, could be the last time we go through each stage.  Not that everything Olivia is doing right now isn't amazing.  I feel like I'm always saying this but, I love the age she's at right now.  So much fun!  We ordered her big girl bed this week and I'm ready to kick off some serious potty training in the next couple of weeks.  My little baby is growing into a big girl.  And while I love going through all of these stages, I'm sad to see her grow up.  I sound like the cliché mom, but its all so true!

How far along?
15 weeks 2 days

How are you feeling? 

Well, I have had some pretty good days lately.  The nausea is getting better with very little occurence the last 4-5 days.  The exhaustion is easing as well.  I had more energy this weekend that I can remember having since I got pregnant.  It was wonderful being able to get a lot done!  I hope that this continues now.  :)


My pelvis was a little sore from being so active on Saturday but I remember that feeling the last time around after I would work out.  It's just a dull ache on and off to let you know, hey you did something today.  It was a welcome feeling.

Now that I'm not so incredibly tired, I feel better even from the moment I wake up.  It's so nice!

I'm starting to notice a little stiffness when I first get up from sitting for a while on the couch.  I remember this from last time too.  Nothing super noticeable yet, but its happened several times in the last week. I feel like I have a hitch in my step for the first couple of steps I take when I get up from the couch in the evenings.  It could also have something to do with the way I sit on the couch.

Cravings? 
No, not really.  I'm definitely more hungry these days though.

What are you missing?
I could go for a few cold beers or glasses of wine on a Friday or Saturday.  Up until this past weekend, I hadn't really missed it at all.  I'll just pretend with my carbonated juice beverage and virgin blood Mary's.  There's still a long way to go before alcohol is in my future.  Even after this little babe is here, I'm sure it will be a good month before I get to partake in anything.  Last time I remember being pretty overwhelmed in the beginning. I couldn't even think about having a couple of drinks for a while.

Maternity Clothes?
I ordered some more maternity dress pants last week and I'm hoping I have them before next week because the few pairs on non-maternity dress pants that have lots of stretch, are now at the end of their life for this pregnancy.  I don't think I'll fit in them by next week.

My jeans and shorts still fit decently well although I had to do the hair tie trick with one of my pairs of capris this weekend.  I'm thinking within 2-3 weeks I'll need some maternity shorts and/or capris.  It will be a good month or more before I need maternity tops but I may indulge and wear some of what I have before then just out of comfort.  Their length is nice when you're wearing maternity pants and need to cover up that huge elastic waistband.


What are you looking forward to? 

The countdown for when I'll feel movement is on.  While I'm hoping to feel it within the next 2-3 weeks, I realize I may have a little longer to wait.  I was almost 20 weeks with Olivia when I felt movement.

We will be moving most of the nursery furniture into the new room this coming weekend when Olivia gets her new bedroom furniture.  I need to find a place for all the furniture that is currently occupying the baby's room this week.  Not sure where everything is going to fit.  Some things will have to end up in the basement for now.  We need a bigger house, haha.  That is still 2-3 years down the road, so until then, I guess we'll figure out how to organize all of our stuff.

Something you're loving about being pregnant?
The bigger boobs is pretty nice.  :)  I wish they weren't so sore most of the time though. 

Weight Gain/Loss
+5 lbs.  I've also gained some love handles...fun  I'm not sure if those are due to the pregnancy or if my poor choice in foods the last 3 1/2 months has caused them to appear.  I'm not going to agonize over them.  I'll have plenty of time after the pregnancy to get fit again.

Courtesy of the work bathroom:

No comments:

Post a Comment