Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Injection Training

Today Brad and I had our injection training and IVF paperwork marathon.  It was about 2 hours long (which is what we were told) and at times felt somewhat daunting.

As the IVF coordinator was going over all of our meds, I started to feel a little overwhelmed.  So many different types of needles and medications to mix.  Thankfully, she had incredibly easy to follow instructions.  Plus me being the control freak and type A that I am, I'm sure I can handle this. 

She also went over possible side effects from each of the meds.  She said the follistim and menopur will probably start really making a difference in my waistline around Halloween.  Her wording was something like, "see those cute jeans you have on today?  Yeah, those won't probably fit you around that time." 

I was definitely expecting to be bloated/swell but I guess I didn't really realize that some of my clothes may not fit altogether.  Maybe it will be my excuse to wear more comfy clothes and not feel bad about it.  I'll just tell people that I indulged in way too much Halloween candy I guess. :) 

As we are getting closer, I am definitely getting more excited.  Even after all the overwhelming information that was thrown at us today, I can't help but have hope that this could finally be it for us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment