Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Well That Wasn't Too Bad

Yesterday, I got the green light to start stims after my bloodwork confirmed my progesterone was normal.  Yay!!!

I had already re-read through my instructions the night before so that I could be more prepared last night.  It certainly didn't help that I had to work for my parents last night and leave the job early to go do my injections.  Brad had to stay behind and finish up which was nice of him.

I would say that from start to finish, it took about 20ish minutes.  I'm hoping that I get better at this and can do it faster once I get everything down.  Twenty minutes for 3 injections just seems like way too much time. 

Most everything went off without a hitch except for when I bent the needle on my follistim pen while taking the cap off.  It's a good thing they give you a whole bunch of extras for that.  :)

The only one that actually caused me any pain was the menopur.  I'm not sure if it was because there was more to inject than the others, but it definitely burned and itched.  Plus, today my tummy is sore where I did the injects last night...which didn't happen when I was just using lupron.

I hope that the rest of the injects go as smoothly and that my body responds quickly.  I can't believe we're actually doing this!  I'm so excited!

While this has nothing to do with this post, here is a pic of my girls.  It makes me giggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment