Friday, June 10, 2011

Girl's Night

Well I'm back at home after a girls night dinner and feeling very content.  There were 5 of us there tonight.  It was good to get together again like old times and have some good laughs.  Molly brought her 6 week old son and he behaved perfectly.   As can be expected, we all cooed over him and practically drooled as he made the cutest faces when looking at the lights in the restaurant.

Now I'm back at home on the couch with a glass of wine and watching whatever I want on t.v.....awesome!!!  Brad is gone for the weekend at his annual cabin trip.  For the most part he will be unreachable since the service out there is awful.  Plus, he's probably going to be extremely intoxicated most of the weekend, so it's probably best if he doesn't drunk dial me at all hours of the night and leave me weird messages. :)  I'm really hoping to continue my streak of relaxing this weekend.

Today is officially day 3 of the my cycle.  We are 100% on board with the Dr to start IUI this cycle.  And of course, with every new procedure/medication we try comes a new sense of hope and anticipation.  I keep thinking to myself, we should be getting really close to that ever elusive bfp.

I need to stop getting my hopes up, but it's so hard to do that.  Sometimes I just tell myself, "well, if I haven't gotten pregnant so far, why would this cycle be any different?"  It may sound somewhat awful to think that way, but it can help keep me grounded sometimes when my thoughts run away with me.  Otherwise, I would be even more crushed when my cycle inevitably starts again.

No matter what though, Brad and I are willing to do virtually whatever it takes to bring our baby into this world.  So for now, we'll just keep chugging along and trying to roll with the punches....maybe not so much rolling as tripping, falling, and dragging ourselves back on to our feet.

We are strong people and we can weather this storm and hopefully enjoy the sunny days on the other side of this battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment