Tuesday, June 21, 2011

IUI countdown

Well, things are looking good for IUI later this week before we leave for vacation.  Yay!!  Yesterday morning's monitoring appt wasn't as great as I wanted it to be, but the doctor is still hoping that I will be able to trigger tomorrow morning when I am in for another appt.  Fingers and toes crossed for good follicle growth between now and tomorrow morning!

I think if it still doesn't happen for us this cycle, it will be really hard on Brad and myself.  Not to mention, parents on both sides are really hoping that this is it for us also.  I don't think I can stand many more pregnancy announcements.  I know it sounds really selfish, but it seems like every 3 weeks, I have to hear about another friend or family member that is pregnant.  It just hurts to see everyone else get what I have been working for, for so long. 

Ugh, I wish I didn't feel like this.  I want to be truly happy for others, but it's just so hard when there is so much pain in looking at someone else's cute pregnant belly and seeing their face light up when talking about how excited they are.  What I would give to have what some take for granted since it comes so easily...  Not to say that I can't be happy for others, it just seems to take me a while to get to that point.

Okay, moving on from all this self pity- Vacation starts this Friday @ 3 (well, that's when I get off work)!!!  We are going up to Lake Galena with 2 other couples and so far the weather looks like it's going to cooperate while we're there.  We have planned some really fun outdoor activities and I can't wait!!!  If we can get the IUI done before we leave, I will be that much more in a fabulous mood. :)

Here are some pics of the house we are renting:

No comments:

Post a Comment