Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I'm Baaaaack!

Our long weekend trip was absolutely wonderful and so very relaxing!  I'm sad to be back at work today. :(  Visiting Galena and enjoying the peacefulness all over again is definitely at the top of my list. 

The house we stayed at was perfect: tons of natural light in the 2 story windows, a screened in porch (where we ate most of our meals), a 2 story deck overlooking the wooded lot, and last but not least- the hot tub.  I even got in a light workout on one of the mornings taking a run down the winding roads. 

And now onto not so positive things.  As previously expected, I did not ovulate this month.  My temperature never did go up.  After getting my blood drawn today, the doctor was able to confirm my fears.  So, now it's back to the drawing board.  I have a consult appt with the RE next Wednesday @ 1 to go over a new treatment plan.  The nurse mentioned that injectible plus IUI might be the next step.

It's my understanding that injectibles are similar to clomid, in that they help your body ovulate better, ie... bigger, better eggs.  However, that would mean injections everyday.  Honestly, my first thought on that is, "if I'm going to go on injections everyday, why not just do IVF?"  I know that is jumping the gun, and I know that IVF would be more taxing on my body (with bedrest on the day of the egg retrieval and then again at egg transfer), but I'm feeling really down about our treatment right now.  Also, the fact that my insurance covers EVERYTHING is enticing.

I'm sure that by next Wednesday, after I speak with the Dr, I will be able to make a more informed decision.  Until then, I will try my best to keep my head up and enjoy all the wonderful things that life has to offer.  This past weekend, really helped remind me how much I have to be thankful for in my life right now....brad being one of those things. I'm so glad I have him for all of this.  Also, having such great insurance has been a true blessing.  It is such an injustice that so many couples that face IF, do so with the added stress of paying for all treatments out of pocket.  I'm hopeful that someday in the near future, all IF treatments will be covered under all insurance plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment