Monday, August 8, 2011

Baby Shower Was A Success

The baby shower I had at my house on Saturday went very well.  All of the girls that came, were friends from college so we all had a really nice time catching up and having some good laughs.  I'm really proud of myself for being able to deal with my emotions and put them in the right place so that I could enjoy the day and celebrate someone else's pregnancy.

I definitely think I was being tested though.  The 3rd girl to arrive at the shower (an old college roomate that I haven't seen in a year)  blurted out to me within the first 2 minutes she was there that she was pregnant.  My reaction---joy, happiness and excitement for her. 

Wow, that came out of nowhere and surprised the heck out of me!  I can't believe that I was okay with the announcement right there on the spot.  Now, I'm not sure if it's because I'm really not close whatsoever with this girl anymore, or if I have finally come to terms with accepting other's pregnancies.  Whatever the reason; I'm extremely proud of myself.

After the shower, 4 of us went golfing and had an abosolute blast.  It was almost like old times.  Laughing and having an awesome time enjoying each others company.  I hope to do another outing with them again before the summer if over!

No comments:

Post a Comment