Friday, August 26, 2011

IUI #3 scheduled!

Ok folks, we are heading to our 3rd attempt at IUI on Monday morning.  My monitoring appt this morning showed 1 mature follicle measuring at 22mm.  Dr told me to trigger tomorrow night and head in Monday morning for the IUI.

While my RE's office is normally closed on the weekends, they will come in for IUI or IVF patients needing procedures but something tells me they try to avoid that at all costs.  When I came out of the ultrasound room I heard the nurses saying that no one was really available for the weekend to do my IUI.  So, I guess the doctor just pushed it to Monday instead of Sunday.  It kind of makes me nervous waiting until Monday for the IUI with a 22mm follie....although I'm not a doctor so I guess I just have to trust their judgement. 

In a way, I have already written this cycle off and am looking forward to the next cycle (which will hopefully be IVF-once we have our consult).  Turns out I will be at the RE twice on Monday.  Once at 9:30 for the IUI and then Brad and I have our consult at 3:45....my boss isn't going to be too happy but he'll get over it.

Oh yeah, and giving myself the trigger shot on Saturday night should be really interesting.  I am supposed to be going out for girls night at 7 and will be 45 mins from home most of the night.  Since I am supposed to trigger @ 9, I had to come up with an alternative plan.  Looks like I will be leaving dinner with a good friend to go to her sister's house and do the injection.  Thankfully she only lives 5-10 mins from the restaurant.  I know her sister (not very well though) and have talked to her about her IF struggles (she conceived with IVF) but I still think it's going to be kind of weird to show up at her house so I can inject myself.  It was either this option or scarf my dinner and leave early to go home. 

Not quite sure what I am going to tell the girls I'm going out with....Two of them are KU and I don't know if I want to go into our IF struggles with them there(although I think they already have an idea that we are struggling).  I'm sure they will all want to know why I need to leave.  Maybe I can come up with a good excuse between now and then, but most likely I will just tell the truth....ugh!  It's definitely not an ideal situation, that's for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment