Monday, August 29, 2011

IVF Consult

I was at the RE's office twice today.  Once this morning for our final IUI and again in the afternoon for our IVF consult (Brad attended the consult as well).

To sum up our appointment, I would say that I am generally pleased with the direction of treatment we will be taking.  The doctor agreed that IVF would be the best next treatment procedure.  I got to go over all my questions and then he went over the general timeline we would be following.

Basically, I would go back on bcp's for almost a full cycle (if this IUI was unsuccessful).  Then on October 19th, I would begin stims.  It is still hard for me to accept the wasted cycle we must endure while being on bcp, but our chances at conception are so much higher than what we are doing currently.

The Dr told me that their clinic has roughly a 40% success rate for IVF cycles--this brought a huge smile to my face.  I finally feel like we are getting closer to achieving our goal.  It is such realistic optimism that cannot be denied and I am overjoyed at the prospect of this new treatment. 

Two weeks from today I will have a definitive answer as to whether we will have to pursue IVF.  This is going to be the longest 2ww yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment