Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Oh how I love the 2ww

That was sarcasm in case you couldn't tell.  I am only 2 dpiui today and I'm already going crazy.  I'm not sure if it's the fact that this cycle seemed to go more according to plan than any other, or just that we had a successful IUI, but I am so freakin antsy!

I had my IUI on Monday, so I go in for my beta 2 weeks from that date on August 15th.  You can bet that I will definitely be testing before that though! ;)

I will say that this IUI was definitely more uncomfortable than the last.  During the procedure I had quite a bit of cramping that continued throughout the day.  Not only that, but I had some light spotting as well.  I'm not trying to overanalyze but of course in the back of my mind I'm going back and forth with what all this could mean....good or bad.

I definitely won't be getting away from baby thinking this weekend.  I am hosting another baby shower at my house on Saturday.  While it will be fun, I'm thinking that I will get some pretty tough questions from friends that will be in attendance.  Most people have an idea that we have been trying for a while and they are probably wondering what is taking so long and I'm sure talking about babies for several hours on Saturday, it's bound to come up.

I'm just not quite sure how I am going to handle it just yet.  I have definitely started to be more open about our struggle and what we are going through, but I just don't know how open I want to be.  Parts of me want to be an advocate for infertility and other parts want to keep this emotional struggle close and only let a few people in.....oh, decisions, decisions.

Bottom line: I'm sure I will still have a good time on Saturday catching up.  Plus, 4 of us girls are playing golf.  We have been trying to organize this for several months and the girls from out of town will finally be able to participate.  I absolutely love golf, YAY!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment